Saturday, October 31, 2009

BP#1_2009111_Getting Started

The idea of blogging is intriguing to me. I feel that it is my personal connection to the news that is most important to me and my concerns.

As an art teacher, I am always looking for new approaches to familiar journeys. I think that blogging is a fresh new direction in artistic discussion, review, critique and expression. It is new to me in many ways, so I feel as if I am charting new territory. I know that it will get easier as I go.

I am ready to meet the challenge and embrace the technology that will change my way of teaching art. I am ready to engage 21st century learning skills and utilize them to facilitate my students' educational opportunities.

I plan to set a blog on my school web page. This will give my students a chance to interact with art prompts, discussions and information in a new way. I hope to put a student gallery on the site also and provide a place for student interaction.

I think that the possibilities that blogging can provide include collaboration and a direct connection to improving reading and writing skills for students. It is a new way to introduce art vocabulary and a place for students to use that vocabulary in their discussions. It can also serve as a place for critiques of artwork. Open discussions in art enhance students' self expression and build confidence in relaying their own points of view.

I am really excited to get started in this new direction. I know my students will also be excited to explore art in this way!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear about the blog on your website and how students respond to it:) Great post!

    ReplyDelete